Productivity and Progress, part 1

 


As I write this, it's late December 2023, and I'm writing this while listening to the Bartok string quartets.  This month, I've completed the following album recording projects:

  • Duo album with double bassist Bruno Raberg.
  • Duo album with bass clarinetist Soheil Peyghambari.
  • Trio album with saxophonist Carl Clements and bass clarinetist Soheil Peyghambari.

I've started recording the following album projects:

  • Duo album with Carl Clements.
  • Duo album with pianist Michael Cain.
  • Some solo works.

And a week remains of December.  I still feel like I'm not getting enough done.  At times, I feel as if I'm getting nothing done at all.  I suppose the obvious question is, "what IS enough?"  I have no answer for that.  In fact, a few months ago a friend asked me that very question.  I couldn't think of a response.  Apparently it's not finishing three albums and starting/contributing to three more inside of one month.  

Maybe I need to be more disciplined.  I don't know.  If I think of anything to make more progress in the sphere of productivity, I'll post it here.

Until then, back to work.

-kk



Comments

Popular Posts