Martin 15-string Baritone



The Martin X1 12-string that's morphed into the 15-string Baritone has become invaluable to me.  I've learned so very much from it, and continue to do so.  I've started using triple courses; I've proven that baritone and even contra tunings can work on a 650mm scale.  I know the Double Subcontraguitar 24-string wouldn't exist without it, and the Double Subcontraguitar 28-string would still be a baritone 24 without it.  It has been key to moving me vastly forward in a very short period of time.

Additionally, it's proven not to be merely a test platform for triple courses and baritone registers.  I've used it on a few album recording projects over the past several months.  And will continue to use it in the studio.  Tunings and registers aside, it has a very rich voice.  And is surprisingly balanced.  

More to come within the realm of triple courses.

-kk

Comments

Popular Posts